Choosing a divorce lawyer is a complicated legal process, but necessary when problems arise in the marriage that cannot be resolved amicably or through a mediator.
If you need legal assistance or representation in a divorce process, it is advisable to turn to the services and expertise of an experienced lawyer who specializes in family law.
- Look for a divorce lawyer . The law of law does not require lawyers to specialize in a certain field of practice, which means any lawyer is free to choose his own area of specialization or to avoid such specialization and try to cover all branches of law. However, for a responsible client it is recommended to turn to a lawyer, even less notorious, but specialized in the field of which the case the client is facing, than to a notorious lawyer, but specialized in other kinds of cases. For example, when looking for a divorce lawyer, it is not advisable to turn to a lawyer who specializes in arrests.
- Choose a lawyer who is part of the local bar . The law of law allows any permanent lawyer to practice the profession before any court in Romania (except the High Court of Cassation and Justice and the Constitutional Court, which requires an uninterrupted seniority of at least 5 years from completion). However, in order to avoid additional expenses with the travel of the lawyer from his / her home locality to the one where his / her professional service is required, expenses consisting of transport, accommodation, per diem, etc., the best solution for a divorce process is to choose a lawyer who is part of the local bar. For example, for a divorce process that takes place in a court in Iași County, it is advisable to turn to a lawyer from the Iași Bar.
- Ask for referrals from trusted people. In this regard, the system of recommendation between relatives, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, etc. works best. If they have had a similar trial, they will certainly share their experience and recommend that you turn to the lawyer who helped them solve the case or, on the contrary, they will advise you to avoid the lawyer who advised them badly.
- Search the internet for references . In the world we live in, choosing a lawyer should not take place in the courtroom or in the courtrooms. Given that information such as the theoretical training of the recommended lawyer, his field of specialization and the results obtained in this field, his client portfolio, reviews obtained from these clients, articles published in specialized magazines or on his own blog, appearances in the written press or visual may be available online, it is risky not to consider these criteria when deciding on the lawyer to defend you.
- Choose a lawyer who pays the utmost attention to your case . According to the law, a lawyer is not obliged to take over the case of any citizen who uses his services. Each lawyer is free to choose his clients according to his own beliefs and specialization, as well as according to the foreseeable time horizon for solving the case and its impact on the lawyer’s agenda. However, as long as a lawyer agrees to take over a case, then it is legally required to do all professional due diligence to resolve it optimally. Also, a good lawyer knows that the relationship between him and the client is based on trust, so he will expose to the client sincerely and on his understanding both the strengths and especially the weaknesses of the case.